Friday, October 28, 2011

Almost finished one quilt, so starting another

Next block of the quilt a long, only two months to catch up on, one is three blocks and the other two, so I don't think will be too tricky to catch up on now. Weird though, this row was loads longer than the other rows, by about a block. No idea why, so looks like I will have to un-pick one and just make it a row of nine. Lets just say mine will be original.
A while back I talked about joining up the www.psiquilt.com quilt a long. Surprise, surprise I am running a little behind. With forgetting my quilting foot and while back and maybe getting a little side tracked last weekend with friends, I am busy today trying my best to catch up. I have cut up my layer cake, just have to do a whole bunch of white squares and with any luck will get on to sewing them all together tomorrow (or tonight...I CAN do it). The layer cake I picked is "Flurry" by Kate Spain and I brought it from The Fat Quarter Shop. I think they are dot com. But I am sure you can easily find them on google. So Flurry is Christmas fabric!!!!!! Only two months until Christmas and I have heaps of stuff I want to make. Christmas crafts is the only thing I can handle before December. I don't like seeing loads of adverting or malls decorated. Call me a bit of a Grinch, but come 1 December we go all out. With kids it is just too hard!
This quilt a long is so quick! Week one was all the cutting, week two is heaps of sewing, I think it is all done in a month! Whew! Hopefully I can get it into the quilter and have it back by 1 December! See how little waste there was from the layer cake. Rachel, the organiser, is so great at using every last bit. My postage Stamp quilt was done following her instructions too. I may just be a wannabe groupie!

No comments:

Post a Comment