Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A bit of cross stitch and a bit of quilting

When Ryan was a baby I made him three rather big cross stitch pictures, hung them on his wall and made his room look fantastic. Poor Adele, well, life was rather busy with two kids and she sort of missed out. I have done her one, but it is un-framed in a box. It is finished, I really need to get it framed. The other day my brothers girl-friend wanted to look through my cross stitch stuff and I found a whole heap I had brought for Adele and never done. I feel rather guilty. So I have pulled one out and started it. I haven't done any in such a long time, but I have really enjoyed starting this one. Can you guess what it is. I will put updates as I go along, it is a really basic one, so hoping to get through it pretty fast. As it turns out we are away for a few days and I brought a whole heap of quilting stuff to do and I managed to forget to pack my quilting foot. I am going to have a bunch of time to work on it.
I did manage to cut out the next bunch of fabrics, so if I do get one I have some stuff that I can whip up. We are over at Whiritoa, a tiny beach place which has no shops. We went into Whangamata thinking the craft shop there would have one but no luck. Tomorrow I think we will head into Waihi, I know there is a great fabric shop and another craft shop so hopefully they will have one. The above quilt is my quilt along. It is coming to an end and I am miles behind. So that was the plan for this week. I have joined up to do one with www.psiquilt.com so I really want to get this one up to date so I don't feel bad. And this one I think finishes this month. So really I need to get myself sorted.
And the semi finals are this weekend, NZ is playing Australia so a pretty big game. Distraction is every where at the moment.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment