Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The no sew tutu

Ryan had his last day of kindy today. It was a wee bit sad, but since I know he is so looking forward to school and Adele is starting afternoon kindy next term it was also not as bad as I thought. I think because it is not a complete good bye yet. So as a thank you to the kindy for being so amazing I made them a couple of new costumes. It is one of those things that isn't expected or asked for, but they really appreciate it, and it is a great excuse to do another project. The kids an I went shopping together and Ryan picked out the colours for the tutus.
There are loads of no sew tutus on the Internet. It is just knotting the netting on to elastic or in my case ribbon. I cut the netting to half a metre strip and 2 inches wide. You need 1.5 metres to make one that will fit most 2 - 4 year olds. Of course you can mix up the colours and all that, but Spotlight had a very small range of netting, I was hoping to make them old of three shades in each skirt, but they didn't have any different shades. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. I think I might make some for our Playcentre too. I had made one a while back and forgot how easy they were. Adele has her own one but she never plays with it, but these ones, she was pretty sad to see them go.
So kindy is now over for Ryan, two weeks of school holidays and then school. Wow, big changes. Of course we also have Adele heading off to afternoon kindy. That is pretty exciting for her too. It is going to be a crazy busy last term with both of them having some pretty exciting changes. Thank goodness it is only 8 weeks. I think at the end of that I am going to be pretty shattered too.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment