Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ten thousand biscuits!



O.K well not 10 thousand but close to it! I found a recipe on a blog, and do you think I can find it now, but on their page they said it was a pretty common biscuit recipe, I am going to post it but it isn't mine and I can't give credit, sorry. It did say it will make about 100 biscuits and usually I am a bit sceptical, maybe I make mine bigger than they should be or something. These pictures were all taken at the same time, so as you can see, about 100 biscuits! I had a bit of a feeling once I started making this that it could be a bit closer to the truth, the 4 and a half cups of flour sort of gave it away! I am feeling pretty pleased to have a double oven!
So here it is:
Sour Cream Biscuits
1 cup butter
1 and a half cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
Cream all together
4 and a half cups of flour (I did this in a couple of goes, I didn't think it would all fit in, it did but a close fit)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Now it said to roll into a log and put in the fridge. I had mine in for about two hours and it didn't really change so if I make these again I am just going to tray the mix up straight away. About a teaspoon of mix into balls and on the tray. About 10 mins at 180 degrees. They should be nice and golden.
They are so light and fluffy and so many of them!!! Ryan has had about 4 already so they must taste pretty OK.
My machine is playing up again! I have been trying to fix a dress I made last summer but really I have made no head way as my machine is jumping and missing stitches. Very frustrating! Off to Spotlight to get new needles and if that doesn't work it is going no the trailer to the dump!!!! Yeah I may be a bit cross with it.
Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment